I've only been to Yosemite National Park once. Bruce and I camped there over Labor Day Weekend about 20 years ago. The scenery was all we hoped for, but the camping at Yosemite Village was less than inspired ... and it was a long drive from Idaho to camp in a parking lot.
Now that I live in California, I want to revisit Yosemite, but I'd rather not drive. So I won't. I just booked a trip for next month via Amtrak and its thruway partner, YARTS.
As a transplant from Idaho, where we have almost no transit, it astounds me that I can take a train and bus to a national park - and then ride a shuttle bus to sights and trail heads once I am there. Yes, it will take about two hours longer to get there than it would via car, but I will get to read, listen to music, and check out the scenery on the way.